Banner Default Image

Quick start in construction. What do I need to start work tomorrow?

blog author

over 1 year ago

by Anastasiia Kopan

Quick start in construction. What do I need to start work tomorrow?

Quick Start in Construction: FAQs

How to Begin Your Construction Career

If you're embarking on your journey in construction and want to start work quickly, here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help you get started. We are dedicated to providing information that will assist our candidates in pursuing successful careers and helping our clients fill vacancies efficiently.

1. Can I Get a Job Through Your Agency Without a CSCS Card?

Most of our clients require a CSCS card to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations. To obtain one, please visit the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Official Website.

2. What Documents Are Needed to Register Through Your Agency?

To register with our agency, please click here to complete the registration form. Additionally, you'll need to provide documents verifying your right to work and your identity. While not essential, a copy of your CV is appreciated.

3. What If I Don't Have a UTR Number?

If you don't have a UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference) number, a tax rate of 30% will be deducted from your salary payments. To reduce this tax rate to 20%, you must register with HMRC, the UK tax authority, either as a company, sole trader, or self-employed person. Find information on the CIS Scheme and how to register here.

4. How Does Payment Work With Your Agency?

At Ignite Recruitment Services, we pay on a weekly basis, with payments made a week in arrears.

5. What Languages Do Your Consultants Speak?

Our consultant team is continually expanding both in terms of quantity and diversity. We have consultants who are fluent in several languages, including Romanian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Russian, Ukrainian, and Italian. Effective communication is vital, and our diverse language skills enhance our ability to assist candidates.

6. Can I Be Employed Through Your Agency if I Don't Speak English Fluently?

We consider candidates with basic English language skills. Communication is crucial on construction sites, making basic English proficiency a requirement for all staff.

7. Can Your Agency Assist Me If I'm Abroad and Want to Work in England?

As a recruiting agency, we lack the legal authority to directly hire employees from abroad by issuing invitations. We work with candidates residing in and around London who possess the legal right to work in the UK.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 020 3737 3314. Our consultants are available to address any additional inquiries you may have. We are committed to optimizing your journey in the construction industry.

Share this article