The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a full programme of training and professional development opportunities.
This role will be focused on advising, preparing and winning new tenders for the business. You will
need to assist as well as manage the production of tender documents, attend pre-tender and post
tender interviews and ultimately produce detailed and accurate tenders for all industry sectors up
to approximately £8m.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years’ experience as an estimator and working within preconstruction
- Good technical construction knowledge.
- Construction related degree (preferred but not essential).
- Good time management skills.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Liaise and support client engagement before, during and following the tender process to
fully understand the client’s requirements.
- Prepare and ensure tender submissions are submitted accurately and on time.
- Conduct Take Offs and produce Bill of Quantities on projects up to approximately £8m.
- Engage with supply chain to obtain accurate quotes for materials and services to establish
true cost estimates.
- Understand and scrutinise the supply chain quotations ensuring accuracy, value for money
and resolve cost discrepancies whilst maintaining profitability.
- Understand and present financial overviews of tenders and their value for adjudication.
- Develop the Company’s current supply chain introducing new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Help to develop new business by introducing new tender opportunities.
- Work with existing pre-construction team to view project information, complete tenders etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of project, scope of works and restrictions imposed by
contractual requirements and site conditions.
- Prepare a handover pack and presentation for the construction team when handing over
- Work closely and assist with the pre-construction team on quality questions and further bid
- Communicate regularly and effectively to all team members.
- Help ensure that the Company maintains its image for quality and value for money within its
budget and profit targets.
- A strong knowledge of building industry practices, processes and requirements Up to date knowledge of health and safety
- matters including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Ability to communicate and interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of a range of different construction techniques, including sustainable and
- environmental construction their practical implications
- Ability to work to timescales under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess a good level of practical skill in the use of Microsoft Office packages and
estimating software e.g. Conquest.
- Competitive Salary - 40,000 - 55,000
- Company Vehicle/Allowance
- Profit Share
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Death in Service Insurance
- Long Service Awards
- Cambridge Office with ample car parking and train station nearby