Job Title: Production Project Manager (will consider Junior PM)
Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
Experience Level: 2+ Years
Salary: starts at £35,000
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a Design Services company. Offering a complete service from design origination to installation. Festive Lighting, Placemaking, Public Realm etc. They specialise in creating bespoke designs for any architectural space.
The Production Project manager coordinates a project from start to finish, they will understand every detail of a project and be a visionary for its delivery.
They will be responsible for their own projects and will utilise the wider team to achieve the best results. They will be assigned new builds and be responsible for communication internally and externally. Making sure that the decisions made through design development and Production are communicated to onsite teams.
For new builds, they will oversee the completion of prototyping and use the knowledge gained from trying out ideas to plan for production. They will be hands on in Production to drive the completion of tasks efficiently and will be responsible for making sure a project is organised and design objectives are realised.
For onsite works, they will form clear and concise Installation guides and be confident that all the items required to complete the works will get to site when they are required. Onsite, they will manage onsite teams to complete installations and takedowns safely and on schedule.
- Be a visionary for a project’s delivery
- Form & update project timelines and checklists
- Plan your time throughout the year to deliver multiple projects
- Set up and manage online job files for your projects
- Obtain and monitor production & onsite budgets for your projects
- Understand the cost of material & labour to support with decision making
- Support Directors to pitch for new business with existing clients
- Complete site surveys to obtain information for production & onsite planning
- Attend project review meetings with line manager or Senior Project manger
- Coordinate all production tasks on a project (Both refurbishments & new build)
- Oversee refurbishments at Penarth Street, onsite or at Unit 2
- Outline targets to the Production team (Project support, Production Leaders & Assistants)
- Be hand’s on in production to drive the delivery of production tasks
- Make sure the materials and labour to complete the next phase of work are in place
- Use your knowledge of production methods to improve the completion of production tasks
- Identify and understand problems when they arise and tackle them with a can-do attitude
- Record how a job has been made and amend production plans and guides for subsequent years.
- Attend planning meetings with the Logistics dept.
- Agree what installation drawings, plans and elevations need to be produced for jobs books with the Technical Designer & Electrical Design manager
- Complete the following plans & documents for projects. (Logistic plans, Centre checklists, Tool lists, RAMS, Install/Takedown schedules)
- Compile concise and user-friendly job books for installation/takedown teams
- Upload site information onto google drive and update Logistics google maps
- Complete pre – Install checks with the client in person or over the phone to finalise Installation plans
- Attend team briefings before an install to review Installation methods, this may include a test rig
- Oversee the packing of rigging equipment for site
- Team member on Installs or Takedowns
- Manage Installation & Takedown teams when required, make sure tasks are completed to schedule and quality targets are met (See onsite Job Leader Job description for onsite responsibilities)
To be consideres for this role the candidate must have an experience working in similar environment.
- Prop making experience is ideal for this role