- Preparing subcontractor tender packages and managing tender returns.
- Subcontractor tender analysis and recommendations.
- Pre-Contract bid and contract support.
- Involvement in prospective Client pitch presentations.
- Support in hand-over of construction documentation to Construction Manager.
• Assessing and interpreting client brief for works cost planning.
• Co-ordination of sub-contractors to survey site.
• Reviewing scope of work on site with sub-contractors in order to cost the works. • Analysing and negotiating subcontractor tender returns and making recommendations.
• Preparing specifications and estimating projects using Excel spreadsheet system.
• Preparing technical documentation for presentations to prospective clients.
• Formatting and managing pre-contract programme relating to bid and agreeing works duration with contracts team.
• Planning applications and Building Control coordination and submissions.
• License to Alter submissions.
• To ensure the highest standards of Health & Safety within the company, including adherence of all CDM requirements.
• Ensure drawings are accurate and based on dimensional site surveys.
• Ensure compliance to Building Regulations, Planning Regulations and Building Control Legislations.
• To comply with all company policies and procedures that relate to anti-bribery, quality, environment and health and safety.
• Negotiating packages with supply chain and placing orders for the works in a timely manner.
• Negotiating variations, final accounts with both the client and the supply chain.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED // Essential //
• Experience of cost planning with skill set to value engineer a design.
• A commercial pre-contract background and a good experience of office design and build.
• Good presenter and listener.
• High self-motivation, enthusiasm, and ambition.
• Desire to succeed with a positive can-do attitude.
• Competent in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project .
• 5+ years industry experience.
• Detailed knowledge of the JCT
Other key info –
- Intermediate level Main Contractor Pre-Construction Manager
- To be based in our Reigate office
- Occasional travel to our London office at London Bridge
- Office and Site based day to day with some remote working
- Salary £50-60K but subject to agreement with our directors after interviews
- Experience in previous Pre-Construction Management for Design & Build preferred. However decent experience in Commercial Management, Quantity Surveying or Estimating in either D&B or Traditional would be acceptable
- Quantity Surveying degree preferred