- Fabrication and material knowledge
- Comprehensive supplier & out-sourcing skills.
- Knowledge or interest in sustainability
- Knowledge of the system Monday (desirable)
- Data Management
On boarding of new suppliers, ensuring all compliance and sustainability data has been collated and filed correctly.
To build relationships with all new and existing suppliers
Schedule supplier meetings bi-annually or annually
- Formulating a director-approved agenda for meetings focusing on pricing, rebates, new eco products, health & safety, compliance and sustainability.
- Collate all information extracted from said meetings using the relevant spreadsheets.
- Work with H&S and sustainability teams to review information extracted from supplier meetings.
- Work with finance/accounts team to ensure rebate agreements are up to date, credit notes are raised in a timely manner and flag when renewal of agreements is required.
Continuously compare and negotiate prices from suppliers
Maintain and update an outsource supplier list
Maintain and update a materials supplier list.
Set up and maintain a supplier evaluation criterion for preferred supplier status
Onboard new outsource and materials suppliers - send all onboarding paperwork including Non-Disclosure agreements to all new suppliers.
Onboard all new installers –including send all onboarding paperwork to new installers including a Non-Disclosure Agreements ensuring all forms are completed for review by Health and Safety team.
Data sheet management – ensure all data sheets are saved in one central location for all teams to access when required.
To work with the Fabrication Resource and Estimation Manager to procure specific materials in a timely manner.
Develop, maintain and update a Quick Reference Price comparison spreadsheet.
Update and maintain the supplier brochure.
To negotiate, update and follow up any rebate agreements and chase any credit notes where necessary.
To raise and match PO’s with delivery notes from all suppliers.
Mark deliveries as received on Clarity.
Follow up on any incomplete, damaged or incorrect deliveries with supplier and ordering department to ensure that the procurement order is properly fulfilled.
Ensure company policies are followed in line with the procurement policy and procedures.
General department support as and when required.
Working with the Logistics and Packing Manager to ensure all deliveries are recorded and placed in the appropriate locations or given to the relevant parties.
To assist the Director of Fabrication and Finance Director with any ad hoc tasks and projects.
- Collate supplier data for carbon footprint consumption of suppliers for annual report on a quarterly basis and prepare and annual CO2 consumption report for the Company.
- To work with the Finance Director on different aspects of the organisations sustainability.
- We are a dynamic, busy company with a close working team and as such we sometimes require our employees to work on additional bespoke projects outside of their daily duties. This is also aimed to encourage and broaden individual skills and ambitions.
- To perform other reasonable tasks as required by the Directors or your department head.
- Follow and promote to colleagues, visitors and the public all health and safety procedures and protocols.
- Follow our sustainability policies and procedures. Promote sustainable operations to colleagues, clients and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Excellent time management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Individual diligence with a focus on team participation.
- Level-headed approach to demanding circumstances.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to provide practical support where necessary.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and a quick learner in general operational software.
DESIRABLE INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- A dynamic individual who takes pride and enthusiasm in all tasks they are assigned and those they seek out themselves proactively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying nature simultaneously.