Role: Purchasing Department - Senior Administrative Assistant
We are looking for an administrative assistant to work along side the head buyer for the company. You will become part of a dynamic and friendly team while also being able to build on your office-based skills.
- Providing a high level of administrative support to the purchasing manager and wider team
- Ordering and procurement process of materials and stock
- Analysis/report preparation and stock review of various products and materials
- Updating records of product descriptions and purchase prices frequently
- Assisting colleagues in other departments on an ad hoc basis
- Dealing with daily correspondence including the preparation of letters and emails
- Liaising with suppliers and dealing with any queries/issues such as product availability, requesting quotations and querying lead times etc.
- Raising and emailing purchase orders to suppliers
- Research and sourcing of products while searching for the best available prices.
- Managing other general administrative duties such as the stationary orders and weekly shopping deliveries.
- Hold a valid driving license with daily access to a car for work purposes
- Strong organisation with the ability to multitask efficiently.
- High level of professional integrity
- Keen to take on additional responsibility
- Good rapport building with customers, suppliers, colleagues, and management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in an administrative/procurement role
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- IT literate, able to use Windows, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Strong understanding of including and excluding VAT
- Ability to calculate percentages, and understanding of discounts and price breaks